This classic Tilapia recipe will delight your taste buds. So much flavor in the blackening powder and it is quick and easy to prepare. Ready in 6 – 7 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl to create blackening powder.
- Then moisten the sides of each tilapia fillet (either with water or cooking spray), and coat with blackening powder. (I generally use about 1 Tbsp. powder per fillet.)
- Heat 1 Tbsp. of oil per fillet in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil starts to smoke, add the fillets and cook them for about 3 minutes on each side, or until fish is opaque and can be flaked with a fork.
- Remove from pan and serve hot.
Blackened Tilapia with Cajun Mayo
Serving Size 72.4
Servings Per Container 4
Amount Per Serving
Calories 139 Calories from Fat 52.2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5.8g 9%
Saturated Fat 1.0g 5%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 46mg 15%
Sodium 1207mg 50%
Total Carbohydrate 4.4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 1.9g 8%
Protein 17.4g 35%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.