Baked Blackened Tilapia
A spicy recipe that you soon will not forget. Bursting with flavor and very light. Try the recipe for the simple tarter sauce as well.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine 3 tbl paprika, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbl onion powder,1 tsp black pepper, 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp dry thyme, 1 tsp dry oregano and 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and add 2 tbl olive oil. Brush it over the foil in any area that will have fish.
- Rinse and pat dry 1 pound of tilapia. Brush with olive oil. Cover the fillets with the spices and rub it in (both sides).
- Place on the oiled pan and give the fish a light spray of oil. Place in the preheated oven.
- Cook until nicely brown and flaky. This is about 10-11 minutes for big fillets and a minute or two less for small to medium fillets.
Simple Homemade Tarter Sauce
For homemade tarter sauce, combine 1/3 cup mayo, 2 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp sweet pickle relish and 1/4 tsp onion powder and mix well.
Here’s an entertaining video on how to blacken tilapia by pan frying.