Tilapia Fish Sticks
A healthy and delicious finger food that goes great with a red marinara dipping sauce.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lay a wire rack on a baking sheet and spray it with non-stick spray.
- Cut the tilapia once down the middle, then in half, creating four “sticks.” Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, beat the 2 egg whites.
- In a separate bowl, add the panko, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip each fish stick in egg whites, than in the panko mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Lay on the wire rack and spritz with olive oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Serve Hot!
Red Marinara Dipping Sauce
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over a medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute until the onions are translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Add the carrots and celery. Saute until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Add in the fennel seed, crushed red pepper, and bay leaf.
- Stir in the tomatoes. Add the sugar, salt and pepper, and basil. Simmer uncovered for about 30 minutes. Remove and discard the bay leaf. Taste the sauce and season with more salt and pepper, if necessary.
Note: You can make big batches of this sauce and freeze it. You can also can this sauce. Serve with pasta, lasagna, polenta, chicken or eggplant parmesan, etc.