Grilled Blackened Tilapia
What a wonderfully spicy dish that will keep them coming back for more. Healthy eating has never been so good nor so simple and easy.
- Preheat grill to as high as it will go. For me that is about 600 Degrees F.
- Combine 3 tbl paprika, 1 tsp salt, 1 tbl onion powder,1 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp dry thyme, 1 tsp dry oregano and 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- Optional, add cayenne pepper to taste.
- Rinse and pat dry 1 pound of tilapia.
- Melt 1 tbl butter in a microwave for about 15 seconds. Brush both sides of tilapia with the melted butter.
- Coat both sides of the tilapia with a generous amount of the dry rub.
- Spray a flexible grill basket with a generous amount of cooking spray.
- Load the tilapia in the grill basket. Alternatively, if using a griddle then add a tablespoon or so of vegetable oil to grill. Do not use olive oil since it smokes at high temperatures.
- Place the tilapia on preheated grill and close lid. Grill for only 2 minutes. Flip and grill another 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Video on how to cook blackened tilapia on the grill