Ginataan (or guinataan) is a Filipino cooking method that means “cooked in coconut milk”. Ginataang Tilapia is a dish where Tilapia is cooked in coconut milk (or cream) and served with banana peppers.
Try this Delicious Ginataang Tilapia Recipe today!
- Sauté garlic, ginger, and onions in hot oil
- Add the shrimp paste and fish sauce
- Pour in the coconut cream and stir until natural oil from the coconut cream comes out
- Add the banana pepper and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes
- Lower the heat and add the tilapia and Simmer for 7 to 10 minutes
- Add the spinach and simmer for about a minute
- Serve Hot. Share and Enjoy!
Serving Size 467.6g
Servings Per Container 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 799 Calories from Fat 550.8
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61.2g 94%
Saturated Fat 51.7g 259%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 55mg 18%
Sodium 109mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 42.8g 14%
Dietary Fiber 10.1g 40%
Protein 30.4g 61%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.